Dlink AC2600 Wi-Fi extender is one of the multi powered wireless routers, when you go to buy Dlink AC2600 Wi-Fi extender that box contains a Dlink router, wireless adapter, ethernet cable, Wi-fi configuring card, and one booklet for instruction guideline.
Requirement while setting up the Dlink AC2600 Wi-Fi extender:
Ethernet-based broadband modem
Laptop or mobile device
- It comes up with inbuild 3.0 and 2.0 USB port
- Having dual-band facility: 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bandwidth
- Press the Wi-Fi button to access the router
- Power connector needed to supply power to the power adapter
- LAN port is used to connect your ethernet cable to the router and with your system
- LED light: if the light Show
red: then the router is not successfully connected with your Dlink AC2600 Wi-Fi extender
Orange: IT show there is weak connectivity between your router and the Dlink AC2600 Wi-Fi extender
Green: It shows the connectivity is solid between your router and the Dlink AC2600 Wi-Fi extender
Steps to connect your Dlink AC2600 Wi-Fi extender with the router:
- First, need to connect your ethernet cable with your Dlink router and another end of the ethernet cable to the modem
- Now, Plug in the modem to the power socket
- Plugin the power adapter to the power socket and connect it with your router
- If you want to connect your system with the router in wireless mode then you can go with that
- For that, you should have the SSID and password of that router
- Now, open the web browser which you already have and enter the link: dlinkrouter.local or www.dlinkrouter.local to get access my Dlink Login page
- That link will redirect you to the dlink router login page
- The Dlink login page will display, or else go through the IP address http://192.168.0.1Now, the Login page will display then click on next and continue
- Your router detects that IP address or the domain automatically if not then select the wifi connection manually and press next> continue
- For DSL user (PPPoE) user, you have to enter the username and password which is mentioned on their backside and then press Enter
- If you are using the static IP address which is given by the internet service provider then enter that Ip address and follow the DNS setting then press Next > continue
- Here you have to create your network name (SSID) and password.
- You can use this information to access the internet on your wireless device then press Next > continue
- Now click on Save > Finish button
- Your D-Link AC2600 Wi-Fi extender get successfully connected with your router and their LED light turns green in color
How to set up the Dlink AC2600 Wi-Fi extender in your home through the WPS connection?
The first and most important thing if you go for connecting your Dlink AC2600 Wi-Fi extender with Dlink router then your router should be WPS compatible and your extender too. AT the duration of the connectivity process the extender creates their extended network name by adding -EXT in the existing network and the password will be the same for both the networks (For extended and existing ones).
Steps to get connect your router with the Dlink AC2600 Wi-Fi extender in your home through the WPS connection are as follows:
- Plug-in the Dlink AC2600 Wi-Fi extender to the power socket and put it close to your router while getting setup the connectivity
- Turn on the power button and wait for a couple of minutes
- The LED light Turn Red and then blink in Orange
- Press the WPS button of your Dlink router it will start flash after a couple of minutes
- Now, Press the WPS Button of your Dlink AC2600 Wi-Fi extender and hold it for 4-6 seconds. Wait for LED to turn into a green solid color.
- Once the connectivity gets established between the router and Dlink AC2600 Wi-Fi extender the LED will stop blinking and turn to solid green color
- Now, you can unplug the Dlink AC2600 Wi-Fi extender and place it between the equal distance of the router and the dead zone area.
So, through these two processes, you got acknowledge about How to set up the Dlink AC2600 Wi-Fi extender? How to set up the Dlink AC2600 Wi-Fi extender in your home through the WPS connection? Now, you can easily install and use the dlink extender. Still face any issue then go through the link: dlinkrouter.local or www.dlinkrouter.local