Let us admit that we all have a WIFI router at our home, office, and institute. D-Link WIFI router is a device that divides the internet between the users and the internet. All who use a personal WIFI connection at home need a WIFI device called a router. Moreover, there are two methods to manage and control your Dlink router remotely; one of which is to use my Dlink app, and the other is to use a web browser. In the article below, we are going to have a complete discussion on both ways.
These days, technology has become so advanced that you can manage your home WIFI router and the entire WIFI system remotely anywhere and anytime you want. The manufacturers of WIFI routers have discovered so many applications that enable the users to manage their network remotely. Similarly, dlinkap.local can create an app, my Dlink app. My Dlink app is one of the best Android apps that you can use to control or manage your Dlink router remotely.
My Dlink Login- Remotely Manage using a browser.
In this process, you have to make some preparations before you gear up the login process. You need some dlinkap.local setup with your modem and the computer. Connect your router and the modem through their respective WAN slots or the Ethernet slots using an Ethernet cable. Your next step is to connect the LAN of your router and the LAN of your configuration device, such as a computer using another Ethernet cable. Although, you may also use a wireless WIFI network that is not secure and reliable. After arranging this entire Dlink more rote setup, let’s discuss the further setup process;
Dlink router management
In your configuration device, open a web browser and type in the IP address of your dlinkap.local.
In the address bar of the browser, type 192.168.0.1, and without any delay, click enters.
If you have been asked for the default username and password by the Dlink router login authentication window, then enter the following details;
1. Dlink router login default username is admin.
2. Dlink router login default password is password.
- Now, you have got the login page, click on Tools>administration from the drop-down menu.
- Check and enable the box “Enable Remote Management.
- In the remote admin port dialogue box, you should enter the most desired port.
- Do you want to leave the default port? Then leave it at 8080 port. Click on save and apply your settings.
- Once you have saved the settings, access your Dlink router setup remotely from a browser.
- Enter http://<yourwanip>8080: or just enter http://172.16.100.56:8080
- Here you can also get your WAN IP by tapping on the STATUS tab, which will display under the WAN section.
Remotely manage your Dlink account using the mydlink app
Another best way to monitor your dlinkap.local account via remote management is my Dlink mobile app. To download and access the app, first of all, connect your mobile device to your home WIFI network. Go to the Dlink app store or Google play store and search for my Dlink login app. Type my Dlink in the search bar of the app store and click the enter key. After download, install and launch the app. On my Dlink screen, you will see two options.
Adding a device to the Dlink app login
- To add a device, tap the menu button from the top left corner on the homepage of my dlinkap.local.
- From the drop-down options, tap adds a device tab. It will ask to scan the QR code. Tap yes if your device has a QR code scanner.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
- For a device that does not have any QR code, pick the product category. And then, select your device model number.
- You can find the model number of your device on the back of the device packaging or in the documentation.
- Tap the next option and follow the in-app screen instructions. Make sure the power cable of the device is in, and the LED light flashes to orange.
- Next, you need to enter the PIN code found on the label of your Dlinkrouter.local device.
- Go for the next level and again follow the screen instructions carefully.
- According to my Dlink app screen instruction, you will be asked to select your WIFI network.
- Give a name to the device that you have added. Also, set its location.
Select next and wait till my Dlink router setup binds the device to your account. Do not go back or perform any activity that led to the Dlink router login step being disturbed. A screen will appear on your mobile screen with the message that your Dlinkrouter.local login through the Dlink app completes. Now you can manage and control your Dlink router from anywhere and any place you want.