Do you want to change your WiFi login password? This article will guide you about how you can log in to the admin panel of your WiFi and how can you change the default ID or password of your dlink DIR615 router. 192 0.168 points 0.1 is the most commonly used private IP address in the world. it is used to access the admin panels of some routers and modems. When you want to change the default settings of your router, you need to go to the dlink login page first.
Dlink DIR615 router login and password
1. To get logged into your dlink router, open your web browser and type the default IP address 192.168.0.1 in the address bar.
2. You will find two text fields on the redirected page where you have to type your username and password.
3. The default username for your dlink DIR615 router is admin and the password is blank.
4. on the login page of your router after entering the username and password and log in. Now, you should see the dlink router control panel.
Change dlink DIR615 Default login and password
As security is the main concern the first and foremost task is to change the dealing password to something more personal and secure.
Tips For router password
- Choose a complex and hard-to-guess password for your router which you can remember easily for example 12345@abcd.
- Protect your password by making it complex.
- Your password must be usable. Of course, you should choose a complex password including numbers, characters, and letters but the main thing is you should remember that you should write your password on a paper for future reference.
- Another suggestion is that you should keep changing your password from time to time so that no one can access your login page without your permission.
How to change the administrator password of my router?
To change the admin password of your dlink router, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open an internet browser and type http://dlinkrouter or http://dlinkrouter.local or dlinkap.local Into the address bar.
- In the provided field, enter your login credentials. The default username is admin now enter your administrator password. If you have not changed the default password, leave this field blank. Click login.
- Click on the manual setup icon.
- On the top of the page, click on the maintenance tab. Now, click device administration from the menu on the left-hand side.
- To change the admin password, enter a new password in the required field. Verify the password again in the confirm password field.
- Click on save settings icon to save the current configuration.
Here is the four-step guide to change the password of your dlink router:
- Open the setup page of your router using its default IP address that is 192.168.0.1 into the address bar of your web browser.
- Enter the default username and password.
- Go through wireless>wireless security>security mode set to WPA 2 only>pre shared key: enter the password of your preference.
- Apply the changes and then restart the WiFi. The new password will be applied.
There are some default login credentials given by the technician while setting up your router. You can try these login credentials to get the control panel of your router. It only works if you have not changed the password before. However. if you have already changed your login password before this, you cannot log in using this information. In such a case, you can use the following steps so that you can reset your login credentials to default.
If you have previously changed your router’s password and have forgotten it now, you need to reset your device. It will reset your device to factory or default settings. In this way, your login information will return to your factory settings. After resetting, you can log into the panel by using the information given in the user manual of your router. You will lose your connection online when you will try to reset your modem. It is better to take an expert’s assistance in this regard.
If you apply a factory reset to your modem, the login credentials and WiFi network name and password will revert to the default settings. Not many people know their router’s IP address. This is because the setup processes are executed by the technical experts. You will need the IP address of your router only when you will have to change your password.
After logging in with the default settings, you will find the options to change the passwords of your WiFi. If you are not sure about your password or you encounter a wrong match, you can just reset the modem to factory settings. If you do not have enough information, we recommend you to take help from some technical expert who has such kind of knowledge. Still have any queries?, don’t hesitate to contact our expert’s team.