Dlink DIR650 Router Is an attractive, high-performance router that makes you share your broadband Internet connection with all your devices. It provides you Internet connection with wired and wireless devices. It gives you advanced security with WPA and firewall. The setup and configuration are very easy and based on the web browser. Simply connect it to your broadband modem, and use the web-based setup wizard that guides you step by step through the configuration process. This article will help you in the configuration procedure of your Dlink router. Follow the below-mentioned steps to configure your D-Link router.
1. Connect your PC to the Dlink DIR650 Router
- First of all, you need to unbox the Dlink DIR650 router and power it up.
- Connect the act Internet cable to the Internet port of the router
- Your router will be having an extra cable, take LAN cable end to connect its 1 and to the LAN port of the router and another end to the PC or laptop
- Now, in the system press, the windows key and R To open the run dialogue box
- Type ipconfig On the black screen. The default gateway of the land or Ethernet adapter will be the router address
1.1 Connect your mobile to the Dlink DIR650 router
- To connect your mobile phone follow the below-mentioned steps
- Switch on the router and connect ACT Internet cable to the Internet port of the router
- Now turn on the WiFi from the settings of the mobile and wait until the mobile detects the router name. Press the router name to connect
- If your router is already configured and the WiFi password is known then go to settings in the mobile
- Press “wi-fi” under “Wireless and networks”.
- Wait until the mobile detects the router’s name. Now press the router name if prompted and enter the WiFi password and press connect
Note– Every router configuration has two parts. Configuring the Internet part, we tell the router how to connect to the Internet and while configuring the WiFi part, we decide the name and password with which we connect to the router in PPPoE.
This will enable you to browse the Internet directly, there will be no need to log in again and again.
WiFi configuration has also been given, to ease the process of you connecting to the router
- SSID and password creation have been explained
- Few high-end routers have two bands to work on that is 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. The Dlink router has both the bands
- 2.4 GHz Band will provide you higher range but lesser speed
- 5 GHz will provide you lower range but higher speed
- Changing different WiFi channels will help you in reducing slow speed issues
2- Logging into the router
Open a web browser and enter the below IP address in the address bar. A login page will appear. The user will find certain usernames and passwords as given below
if all the above credentials do not work, please check the back of the router where the username and the password of your router will be mentioned.
2.1- Logging into the router
The username is admin and the password field will be blank
2.2- Now the homepage of the web interface of your Dlink DIR650 Router will appear
2.3-Now press Click ‘n’ Connect from the drop-down list of the homepage
2.4- Under click n connect, select the provider as ‘manually’ and then press next.
3 – Internet connectivity– Select connection type as PPPoE.
3.1- Internet connectivity- PPPoE Configuration- Now enter the username provided by ACT and password provided by ACT. Then click next.
3.2- Internet Connectivity- PPPoE configuration- The PPPoE session is created. Now click on the Apply icon.
4. Wi-Fi connectivity– Router SSID/Password configuration-Now choose the access point under the wireless network mode and click on the next icon. Provide any name to the Dlink DIR650 Router under SSID and click next. Now select protected under the security authentication and press enter. Now choose any eight-character password under the network key and press next. Select 2.4 GHz or 5GHz Under the WiFi basic settings. Now enter the required channel as per the premises under the required SSID and click apply. You can choose the appropriate channel based on the premises.
5- Saving Configuration- Now you have to save all the settings by going to the System icon and clicking save.
6- Firmware Upgrade (If required)- Now you can upgrade the firmware of your Dlink DIR650 router. You can choose to download a d link firmware version and then upload it offline or choose to download directly from the Internet itself.
7- Channel Change (as and when required)- Channels are the medium through which your router transmits signals to the devices. There are several channels that one can choose from, based on the frequency at which your router works and the premises.
Changes to be made after the configuration
- If the WiFi password is changed, we need to update the password on all the devices to get connected to the Internet.
- Changes in computer or laptop according to the WiFi-
- Windows 7- Windows button>Click on the control panel> click on the network and Internet> click on the network and sharing center
- Click “manage wireless networks” in the task pane.
- Right-click the router name> click remove network> click on OK>
- Click on the network icon and then on the router name and enter the new WiFi password and connect
3. Win 8, 8.1- Click on the network icon which is on the right bottom corner next to the system time. Now select the router name and click forgot this network. Again click on the router name, enter the new WiFi password, and connect.
4. Win 10- click on the network icon located on the right bottom corner next to the system time, and select the network settings under WiFi. Now press the manage known networks and click on your router name and click on forget, and again select the network icon and click on the router name. Now enter the new WiFi password and connect.
5. Mobile or tablet- Go to the settings in the mobile and turn on the WiFi. Long press your router name and press forget the network. Again press the router name. Then enter the password and connect.
So you are done with the configuration of your Dlink router. Whether you are surfing the web on your desktop or relaxing on the couch with your laptop, the link router keeps you connected wherever you are in your home. The external antennas of the router will increase your wireless network’s coverage so that you can avoid the dead zones and get a reliable connection in more places throughout your home. To configure your router, you can follow the user manual provided by the manufacturer while purchasing the product. If you are facing any difficulties in configuring your router, you can contact our technical experts.