The specialty of Website filter setting is you can easily allow or block any of the websites. You can create a list of sites which you want to block or list of sites which you want to allow (from a list of disallowed one).
Follow these steps for How to set up a Website Filter on my D-Link Ultra AC5300 Tri-band Wi-fi Router:
- Open your System through the turn on the power supply button
- Connect your system or mobile device with your existing router’s network
- Now open your default domain link: dlinkrouter. local, www.dlinkrouter.localOr else enter the default IP address: 192.168.0.1 and Hit Enter
- You get accessed Dlink router login page there they just prompt you to enter the default username and password
- So, Enter the username is Admin and password: either blank or password then press Login
- After, successfully get logged in you are now in dlink router setup
- Find the Advanced Tab on the top of the dlink router setup page
- Now, click there on the Website Filter option at the left side of the menu bar
- Select the option “Deny computers access to ONLY these sites” from the dropdown option of Config Website Filter below
- Now, enter all domains which you want to block, on this router and then click Save and finished
- Now, go to the Access Control option which is present at the left side of the dlink router setup page in the Advanced section only
- There you just have to enable the check box of the Access Control button
- In Advanced Filter only, you have to set the policy and follow the Setup Wizard
- Click Next
- Give a specific name to your policy and click Next
- Choose a schedule to apply that policy and then Click Next
- Select a Machine on which that policy applies through IP or MAC address and then click Next
- Now, select the Filtering Method either you want to block all or want to block some of the domain
- Click Next Now Enable or Disable the Web Access Logging and then Click Save dlink setup
- Now, see the policy which you had created and Privacy Table. Click Save
- You can only list 15 sites to block on time.
How to back up the configuration settings of the D-Link AC1200 Wi-Fi extender?
Follow these steps to back up the configuration settings of the D-Link AC1200 Wi-Fi Extender:
- Open your computer or mobile device and get connect them with your router’s network
- Open your existing default browser like chrome, Firefox, etc, and enter the domain dlinkrouter. Local or www.dlinkrouter.local
- If the user face issue while browsing the default gateway of the router then enter the default IP address of extender 192.168.0.1 in the web address bar
- Press Enter
- You will get redirect directly to Dlink router login page
- There you have to enter the myDlink Login Details their default username and password and hit the login button
- Finally, you had successfully accessed the www.dlinkrouter.local admin panel
- Find the Tab named “Management” which is located at the right corner of the dlink setup page
- One drop-down list will appear Infront of you, in which you have to select the System tab
- Now, to save the current configuration setting of your Wireless router click on the tab Save Configuration to File
- It depends on browser features that either that file will automatically save in the download folder of your system or else the browser will ask you to in which location of your system drive you want to save that file
For loading, the previous configuration saved file, click on the Select File tab, once you reach that location where your configuration file is saved then click ok. Now, the name of the file display in the field of Select file then clicks on Restore Configuration from File. A confirmation dialogue box will display on your screen, click ok to complete the process of file uploading configuration.
Note: In this case, if you upgrade your firmware then don’t upload the previous configuration file because that one will be your outdated firmware version file. Either it will not successfully get uploaded or maybe damage the file.
So, through this article, you get to know How to set up a Website Filter on my D-Link Ultra AC5300 Tri-band Wi-Fi router? How to back up the configuration settings of the D-Link AC1200 Wi-Fi extender? And still have any query then visit: www.dlinkrouter.local or dlink.local